Educator LuAnn KildayÂ is available to visit your classroom!
Contact LuAnn at LuAnnR.Kilday@state.nm.us or (575) 522-4100 ext.103 to arrange a time and a topic. There is no charge for classroom visits.
Lessons are available for students from kindergarten through eighth grade. Lessons for high school students may be available upon advance request. Most lessons include hands-on activities.
Potential topics include:
- Products from the farm (farm web) (K-2)
- Early agriculture in New Mexico (K-5)
- Bees and pollination (K-5)
- Sheep and wool: shearing to weaving (K-8)
- Farm in a Glove: What’s in a seed and how do they grow? (3-5)
- Measurement and Apples (3-5)
- Native American agriculture (4-5)
- Timeline of New Mexico (4-5)
- All About Owls (owl pellets) (4-5)
- Water and irrigation in New Mexico (5-8)